Easy card force sleights that when mastered will allow you to perform lots of amazing magic and card tricks
To" force a card" is to ask the spectator to choose any card and make them pick the card you want them to pick, while leaving them thinking that they had a completely free choice.
This way, you can create your own tricks. Just before performing, select a card to force. Then, force that card, and let the spectator shuffle the deck. Ask them to cut the deck in half and keep on doing things that will make your audience think that is impossible for you to tell which card was chosen. After a while you can reveal their card and accept the applause.
Riffle Force : This is an easy to do method of forcing a card. You can learn this sleight of hand quickly and it looks very convincing. the secret is explained in this magic video tutorial.
Please note that the card to be forced has been turned face up in the photos to make explanation easier. This card would be face down during the actual performance.
1. To do this force, select the card to force and place it on top of the face down deck. Tell your audience that you will extract six cards at random. Extract the top card and five more cards. You must always remember which one is your peeked card.
2. Now, display the six cards in two rows of three cards each. For this example, the selected card will be the third one of the top row.
3. Ask the spectator to select a row. If the spectator selects the top row, say -"OK, we'll keep this one...". If the spectator selects the bottom one, say -"OK, we'll take this one out". The idea is to keep the row with our peeked card.
4. Now, ask the spectator to select any two cards. There are three possibilities. If the spectator selects the first row, say - "let me remove these two cards and you take the remaining one". If the spectator selects the last two, remove the first one, leaving the second and the third, and repeat the process. If he selects the first and the last, remove the second one and repeat the process.
1. This force, looks even better, because you actually ask the spectator to tell you to stop any place on the deck and THEY select the card at the stop point. Start by cutting the deck and placing the card to be forced at the top of the bottom portion of the deck.
2. Now, you'll be doing a very useful move named the little finger break . This move consists in leaving your little finger over the peeked card, so you can easily cut to it.
3. Now, riffle the deck and ask your spectator to tell you to stop in any place.
4. When the spectator calls stop, you'll stop at the break . (requires practice)
5. Give the spectator the card he selected.
Theses are just a few of the many methods of forcing a card as well as the classic card force that are available learn.You may have heard of the infamous second deal card sleight which is a form of card forcing which may be used in the field of cardistry or to give an unfair advantage in card games.